Saturday, February 07, 2009

Transition -- Day 1

Well...I met my goals for the day. Am very pleased!

For breakfast: The afore-mentioned pancakes, made from scratch (organic flour, milk, eggs, butter...the whole nine yards. Chica may still be eating low-vibrational crap, but at least it's "clean" crap. Heh."

For lunch: Blueberry-Kale-Gojiberry smoothie (a full 32 oz). Had the color of squid ink. The color combinations in nature are quite interesting...I love to see how they combine.

Mid-day snack: Raw pecans and jumbo medjool dates.
"What pecan pie wishes it tastes like."

Dinner: Dried Yakon (tastes like smoked, dried apple chips). I just munched on these til full. I woulda made a salad but I was on a roll working at the computer on my new business and didn't feel like stopping.

Evening snack: Some tea made from pau d'arco, dried nettles, and gojiberries, with a side of a few crunchy pecans.

Nightcap: A bit of Argentinian Malbec.

Let me be clear: I may love being raw, but I have no interest in renouncing a glass of wine, my favorite tequila (Jose Cuervo Black Medallion...anyone who knows me well knows this. ;-) or even espresso. The more raw I become, the less I desire these things -- actually, I tend to virtually lose my taste for coffee in any form. But I've acquired an appreciation for a smart cocktail at the end of the day. I pay no mind and have no worries on this subject. I certainly don't go against the grain and try to "give something up" which I enjoy so full-heartedly! Someone who's raw tends to be verrrrry sensitive to alcohol consumption so it has it's own limiting factor.

On that note...tomorrow's another day. :D

No comments: