Saturday, February 07, 2009

Transition to Raw

So, I've been *intending* since last fall to go back to at least an 85% live / raw foods lifestyle...and I've been *intending* since last fall to do a Juice Feasting adventure...

I know I was waiting for my work & financial situation to shift, because of the cost of fresh organic produce. But...meh...not waiting anymore. I'm not in a position today where I could fund a Juice Feast, but I can do Raw well enough.

So, today begins my Transition to Raw. Ultimately, I want my diet to be 100% comprised once again of raw, living and superfoods. For the moment, I'm aiming for at least an 85%. For example, if I'm raw all day but have some bread and a bit of something cooked at dinner with a salad, I judge myself to have hit my mark.

One thing that has got to stop immediately is my reliance on the cooking of starchy things for my family, for both the convenience and the cost-savings. As someone who is *not* choosing a vegan path for moral reasons, I'd rather roast them a chicken than the dead pasty crap that has settled into our recent eating habits...exactly the sort of crap that most people eat a lot of when they are "stretching the budget".

So...am happily saying good-bye to the dead pasty junk, and gratefully digging into my goji berries and hempseeds. ;)

As I'm very much into measuring progress toward achieving all of my goals right now, I'll be posting my daily intake here.

So, starting with today, am off to a most excellent start... pancakes! :)

It'll get better...I promise. Heh.

No comments: