Monday, October 08, 2007

Day 1 of 30-Day Raw Challenge

Stared things off with a handful of raw cashews and a Chocomacananner Sprouted Cereal shake . With a long espresso on the side.

Not giving up coffee unless it gives me up... as it has done before when I've gone high raw. Those who know me know that when it comes to coffee, I'm all about the flavor, not the caffeine. I don't drink it to "wake up" or for energy -- I just think a well-brewed cup of espresso, macchiato, or cappuccino is one of my favorite taste pleasures on the planet. It feels good in my body and I suffer from no ill effects if I don't partake.

But I seem to lose the desire for coffee the more I consume live foods so... am paying it no mind until that happens. A girl's gotta have some vices...

Actually, I don't think of my enjoyment of coffee as a vice. So I better start coming up with some other ones. Heh.

No comments: