Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Day 4 of 30-Day Raw Challenge

Stayed with the live foods all day yesterday (Day 3), finishing up with a comfy cooked meal in front of a good movie (Mansfield Park):

Started day with fresh juice from 2 Valencia oranges, followed by Sesame Ezekiel Toast with Raw Coconut Oil and Raw Honey. Later I had a cappuccino from Starbucks while I waited at the Apple store to take my sick iPod in for a checkup. Alas, did not enjoy the cappo at all... felt repulsed by the milk, which seems to happen when I jack up the live foods.

The rest of the afternoon I sipped a blenderful of Pink Smoothie (with Strawberry-Red Grape-Tomato) and had a couple bowls of Live Shitake-Miso Soup. Also had a couple Raw Cashew-Pumpkin Seed "Pop-ems"... honey-nut treats I just don't know what to name. "Pop-em" is not cutting it... I need inspiration. But they sure are good. Way better than any of those date-almond nut balls I've had so many places. Am going to have to make a large batch of those things tomorrow. YUM.

For dinner, made some tortellini for the kids, with fresh tomato sauce, and had a bowl of that with a small glass of shiraz.

Today, Day 4, started straightaway with an unusual craving for eggs. I'd just picked up some gorgeous gigantic eggs from a local farmer, so I cooked a few up in some olive oil & enjoyed them with Ezekiel bread and a long espresso. It was all live the rest of the day, save for a bit of chocolate at the end of it all.

Made a nice Live Shitake Soup with Butternut Squash, Red Pepper, and Hempseed. Comforting and very filling... felt absolutely stuffed afterwards, and has lasted all evening.

Altogether, am pleased with how things have gone so far...

1 comment:

Dzesika said...

Hey, saw your links on DF ... thanks for sharing! DP and I aren't quite up to the raw lifestyle yet, but are pledging to go uber-healthy in two weeks when I move closer to his for new job ... and LOTS of dancing ... will be looking to your blog for inspiration!